In March 1932, Bagnalls turned out No. 2469 for the Frazer and Chalmers division of the General Electric Company in Erith, Kent. The locomotive was given the plant number V75, and a second set of buffers was fitted at low level. This was to suit the very low wagons employed by the company for the transport of heavy castings. In 1953 the engine underwent a heavy overhaul, during which it received a new firebox, but after this little work seems to have been done.
At the reorganisation which followed the take-over of Frazer and Chalmers by C. A. Parsons, V75 was declared redundant and offered for sale. A QRS member purchased the loco and after storage at Luton it arrived at Quainton in 17th April 1969.
During 2011 the boiler was sent to Locomotive Maintenance Services on the Great Central Railway where a heavy overhaul was completed, including a new tube plate. The boiler has now been returned to Quainton and refitted to the locomotive. When restoration is complete it will be named Scott.
|Builder :-||Bagnall||Date Built :-||1932||Works No. :-||2469|
|Running No. :-||V75||Name :-||Scott||Wheel Arrangement :-||0-4-0ST|
|Tractive Effort :-||9,658 lb||Boiler Pressure :-||160 psi||Cylinder Dimensions :-||12" x 18"|
|Weight :-||22t 15c||Driving Wheel Dia. :-||3'0½"||Owner :-||QRS Member|
|Status :-||Under heavy overhaul||Location :-||Down Yard|
Text © Quainton Railway
Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced
Page Updated: 17 October 2012