Rebuilt from an open wagon of 1903 vintage, this vehicle is of wooden construction throughout. Formerly at Ministry of Defence, Graven Hill, Bicester, it arrived at Quainton in August 1972. The GWR telegraph code name of this type of van was 'Mink'.
Used as a store at Quainton from 1972 to 2000. The wooden body work unfortunately became too rotted to keep, and so the vehicle has been dismantled.
|Origin :-||GWR||Date Built :-||1903||Number :-||unknown|
|Type :-||Box Van||Builder :-||GWR||Wheelbase :-||9' 0"|
|Owner :-||QRS||Status :-||Scrapped|
Text © Quainton Railway
Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced
Page Updated: 15 June 2007