BRC Website Home
Quainton Virtual Stockbook - Goods Vehicles - Open Wagons
MR No. 18300 3-plank dropside wagon
This low-sided open wagon was one of the first to be fitted with oil as opposed to grease boxes. Brakes were originally fitted on one side only, but in later life the wagon was modified to have brakes on both sides.
In the early days at Quainton it was fitted with seats and used as for open topped passenger services. It arrived at Quainton on 17th July 1969, initially owned by the Transport Trust.
|Origin :-||Midland Railway||Date Built :-||1912||Number :-||18300|
|Diagram :-||3208||Lot :-||-||Capacity :-||-|
|Type :-||3-plank open goods||Builder :-||Midland Railway, Derby||Wheelbase :-||9' 0"|
|Owner :-||QRS||Status :-||Awaiting Restoration||Location :-||Romney Building|
|Accession No.:||W/0056||Arrival Date :-||Transport Trust 1969
Text © Quainton Railway Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced photographer
Page Updated: 25 September 2017