Buckinghamshire Railway Centre Logo

BRC Website Home
Quainton Virtual Stockbook
Quainton Guides

Quainton Guide 1976

Map of the Brill Branch

Brill Branch Map

The first section of the Oxford and Aylesbury Tramroad, or as it was popularly known, 'The WoHon Tramway' or 'Brill Branch' was opened in 1871 and the whole branch closed in 1935. Many sections can still be traced today with the aid of a good map.

The text in this Quainton Railway Society publication was written in 1976 and so does not reflect events in the 41+ years since publication. The text and photographs are repeated verbatim from the original publication, with only a few minor grammar changes but some clarifying notes are added if deemed necessary. The photos from the original publication are provided as scans in this internet version of this long out of print publication.

Quainton Guide 1976

Text © Quainton Railway Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced photographer
Email Webmaster
Page Updated: 29 December 2017