BRC Website Home
Quainton Virtual Stockbook
Quainton News Archive - Quainton News No. 24 - Summer 1975
Watford Water Tower
Our Second Water Tower
The illustration opposite [above] shows the tower at Watford Met Station which has been purchased and will be moved for reuse at Quainton. L94, the Pannier Tank is now restored and repainted as GWR 7752 at Birmingham Steam Museum at Tyseley. It made history on 6th June 1971 by working The Last Steam Train on the Underground from Moorgate to Neasden and it was withdrawn by LT on the following day. On the 9th it arrived at Tyseley and its overhaul was sufficiently advanced for it to appear at the Standard Gauge Steam Trust's first open day on 11th June 1972. 7752 was built by the North British Locomotive Company, Glasgow in November 1930 and it was sold to London Transport by the GWR in November 1959. Our own Pannier Tank, 7715, shown below has a somewhat similar history.
Text © Quainton Railway Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced photographer
Page Updated: 28 October 2017