BRC Website Home
Quainton Virtual Stockbook
Quainton News Archive - Quainton News No. 71 - September 1992
Buckinghamshire Railway Centre's Mission
"To be a leading working period railway and museum in the UK by providing high levels of activity, variety, general interest
and interpretation, appealing to family groups of all ages."
BRC's Core Objectives
- To collect, restore and maintain a comprehensive collection of items of railway and associated transport history in order to provide variety
for visitors and film makers and to enable industrial, metropolitan and rural country station scenes to be recreated and interpreted.
- To fully demonstrate period locomotives and rolling stock from both the Centre's and other Collections by providing adequate facilities to operate
trains, with appropriate servicing facilities; and to operate several simultaneously.
- To develop the BRC and if available, a length of the line which passes through the Centre, to make it a recognised tourist attraction and education
centre of high repute.
- To provide a permanent and safe base for the housing and display of the Collection and privately owned items in conditions which minimize
- To provide a recreational and leisure activity for members and other affiliated organisations which, in turn, further these core objectives.
The text in this Quainton Railway Society publication was written in 1992 and so does not reflect events in the 20+ years
since publication. The text and photographs are repeated verbatim from the original publication, with only a few minor grammar
changes but some clarifying notes are added if deemed necessary. The photos from the original publication are provided as scans
in this internet version of this long out of print publication.
Buckinghamshire Railway Centre's Mission - Quainton News No. 71 - September 1992
Text © Quainton Railway Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced photographer
Page Updated: 01 December 2017