Buckinghamshire Railway Centre Logo

BRC Website Home
Quainton Virtual Stockbook - Local Railways

Marston Gate Station


Name:

Marston Gate Station

Location:

SP886167

Railway(s):

Aylesbury Railway
London and North Western Railway (LNWR)
London Midland and Scotish (LMS)

Open:

approx 1860

Closed to Passenger Traffic:

2nd February 1953

Closed to Goods Traffic:

2nd December 1963

Journey from Quainton Road:

Quainton Road on Met & GC Joint to Aylesbury Joint Station followed by a short walk across town. Then on the London and North Western towards Cheddington, first station. Possible between 1868 and 1953.

Distance from Quainton Road:

9.25 miles "as crow flies"
XX miles by rail (ex walking section)
14.1 miles by road

Bradshaw's (1863):

Mention of station name only.

Kelly's Directory (1903):

"[Wingrave is] 2 miles north from Marston Gate station on the Aylesbury and Cheddington branch of the London and North Western railway"

Disused Stations Site Record:

No Entry

Wikipedia Entry:

Located Here

The Collection:

To Follow

Quainton Publications:

To Follow

Select Bibliography:

Forgotten Railways Chilterns and Cotswolds - R Davies and M D Grant - David & Charles - 1984
Aylesbury Railway: The First Branch Line - Bill Simpson - OPC Railprint - 1989


Text © Quainton Railway Society / Photographs © Quainton Railway Society or referenced photographer
Email Webmaster
Page Updated: 14 October 2017